If you're considering a window air conditioner to cool individual rooms in your home, you may want to consider a ductless, or mini-split system instead. While initial installation costs are usually higher, in most cases a ductless system will offer better aesthetics, efficiency, convenience and versatility that will pay for itself.
Here are a few of the advantages ductless systems offer versus window AC units.
1. No window needed. A window air conditioner blocks the view outside and can present security issues. Window AC units can also be unsightly both inside and outside the home. Ductless systems are typically small, narrow units that can be mounted up high near the ceiling or in the floor where they won't get in the way.
2. Heating. In addition to cooling, some ductless systems can provide heating.
3. Expandability. Mini-split systems can be connected together to cool and heat up to 8 rooms.
4. Lower Noise. Because the condensor is located outside the house, minisplit systems are typically much quieter than window air conditioners.
5. Advanced Features - With some models you can monitor and adjust your ductless system with a remote control and create programs and schedules from your smartphone or tablet.
If you're considering replacing your window air conditioners with a ductless cooling system, call Air Specialties Air Conditioning and Heating. We can help answer all your questions.