Finding the right location for your thermostat is important for maximizing central heating and cooling system performance. An incorrectly placed thermostat will give you false readings, reducing comfort and wasting energy. To ensure your thermostat is in the right location in you home, follow these simple rules:
- Place the thermostat on an interior wall
- Place the thermostat near the center of the home
- Don't place the thermostat near heat registers or vents
- Avoid walls that receive direct sunlight
- Avoid areas near the kitchen, where cooking will generate heat
By following these simple steps you can ensure your heating and cooling system are affected by false thermostat readings.
Need help with your thermostat? Call Air Specialties Air Conditioning and Heating. We're here to help.